With Grandpa Zane
With Nana Pitcher
Skylie,
It's been a big month for you! Here's some of the highlights.
- Everyone says what a gorgeous baby you are.
- You're sleeping pretty well through the night, but you still wake up between 5 and 6 a.m. A few days ago I accidentally fell asleep before giving you your last feeding around 11:30 p.m. Around 3:30 a.m. you moaned a few times in your sleep, but kept snoozing for another two hours. It was the longest you'd ever slept continuously--7 1/2 hours! Let's have more nights like that. Please. And if you could not wake up until 7:00 or 7:30 in the morning that would really help me out, okay?
- About a week and a half ago you started smiling! We love it. Your dad first got you to smile by rubbing your cheeks with a soft blanket, and since then you've given us some adorable grins. Your dad thinks you smile more at my voice than his, but I'm not sure about that.
- Your Zane grandparents think you look like your dad, but your Pitcher grandparents think you look more like me. I think you're cuter than either of us.
- On October 19 you were blessed by your dad. Both sets of grandparents and your Aunt Amber, Uncle Alec, and cousin Ethan came into town for it. One of our friends that helped with the blessing said he peeked at you during the prayer. Frank said that the moment your dad started talking, you got a big smile on your face.
- We went with your Pitcher Grandparents to visit some historic church sites while they were out here for your blessing. We ate at a great barbecue place in Kansas City, and as we were getting ready to leave, your Papa spilled a glass of ice water right in your face! You got drenched, girl! I felt bad for you, but it was so funny! You handled it well, and only whimpered a little.
- You've visited historic church sites in Independence, Missouri; Liberty, Missouri; Kansas City, Kansas; Carthage, Illinois; and Nauvoo, Illinois this month.
- I'm mildly obsessed with getting your picture taken. In your first 60 days of life you've had four photo sessions (three at JC Penny Portrait Studios and one with my friend who does photography).
- Last week was the first time I had to leave you for a whole day so I could go to work. I had no idea it would be so hard! Your dad ended up being home that day so I was just leaving you with him, but it still broke my heart. I cried most of the morning as I was getting ready, and when I said goodbye to you I sobbed. I had to fight back the tears a couple times at work, and when the clock finally hit 4:00 p.m. my bags were packed and I couldn't wait to have you in my arms again. It's gotten a bit easier for me, though. Yesterday I didn't cry at all when I left you with the babysitter.
- Your favorite place is in your swing. Your second favorite place is lying on the mat where we change your diaper. You can be howling like crazy, but you settle down as soon as we put you there. Not sure why that is...
- You're becoming more alert all the time. Whenever you wake up in your crib and start crying, you stop as soon as you see us come in. It's pretty cute!
- You now weigh 9 pounds 12 ounces (23rd percentile), and you're 22 inches long (34th percentile).
Every day I find myself gazing at you while you're sleeping. During these moments, I feel overwhelmed with love and gratitude that I get to be your mom. The other day your dad and I talked about how there's nothing that makes us happier than being a family. We love you more with each passing day.
Love,
Mom
1 comment:
i cant believe skylie is already 2 months! that went by so fast!
Post a Comment