ERIN: Resigned from teaching three fitness classes at DMU.
After working all day and then leaving Skylie for another hour or two so I could teach my classes became a drudgery. It was a tough decision to make, because who doesn't want to get paid to work out? But it's all about putting first things first, right Dr. Covey and President Monson? Besides I can now get my sweating for the day done when the little one's sleeping because...
SKYLIE: Quit waking up in the night!
Thank you Babywise, Miracle Blanket, Skylie, and Matt (he takes the 11:30 p.m. feeding often). Because of you, I went to bed at 9:00 last night and woke up on my own at 5:30 this morning. Meanwhile, an eleven week old baby snoozed in her crib for a couple more hours. I've decided the most beautiful sight is a sleeping baby in the wee hours of the morning.
MATT: Plans to throw in the towel regarding this med school business to pursue his dreams of being the next Ricky Martin.
Kidding! I couldn't really think of anything Matt's quit lately. I thought about trying to be funny by saying something like, "He quit wetting the bed" or "He quit wearing diapers", but I'm no good at potty humor (and he might not appreciate it too much). So instead I'll just tell you what I was going to joke about. That way I get my oh-so-lame wittiness out without risking anything. (It's a tactic I resort to often. Try it. It's fun.)
3 comments:
Hooray for all you quitters, especially Skylie! So glad the Miracle Blanket is working out---it really is a miracle, eh?
Hello Erin - way to be supermom: working full time, working out like a champ, and having an incredible sleeper of a baby!! I bet your classes were way sad you stopped teaching - but way to figure out what's important for you & your family!
And hello - my friend totally has a miracle blanket, but we didn't know what it was called...so i just bought a swaddle blanket from walmart but I so want this miracle blanket. Yea for babies sleeping through the night - it seriously is the best.
YAY, quitting is the best, isn't it?
Post a Comment