Matt
- Finished his last interview today!
- Got his test results back from a test he took in Philadelphia. It's official; Matt has no more tests as a medical student!
- Currently rotating at a clinic in Knoxville, but with so many interviews he's been MIA much of the time.
- Received 19 invites to residency programs, but he ended up turning 9 of them down since 10 programs are more than enough options for someone going into the field of psychiatry.
- In April and May Matt will be in South Africa with three of his med school BFFs. They'll be going on safaris (I imagine), but the purpose of the trip is to provide medical help. I'm wondering what cool trip I get out of this deal. Mmm. :)
- Running around with a crazy girl named Skylie.
- Still working for Wells Fargo Home Mortgage doing web developing and working mostly from home.
- Beginning in January I'll be in the office on Mondays and Thursdays.
- For a while I toyed with the possibility of continuing to work part-time once we move in June, but I've come to the decision that I've more than paid my dues. Working from home is not all it's cracked up to be. Some days I feel like from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. (no kidding) I don't have a second to myself. Caring for Skylie, trying to be a good wife, cleaning up the constant disasters Skylie manages, being a good friend, and trying to be a reliable employee all at the same time is tough. And more often than not I fail miserably at all of them. But I try.
Until tomorrow, adios!
3 comments:
I am wondering what kind of cool trip I should get too! I think I might just spoil myself by buying a fancy camera. We are still planning on going on a cruise or some sort of trip for graduation. Are you guys still interested?
I am so excited for you guys, I am sure it feels so good to be so close! My brother is doing residency interviews right now too and they are so excited! And by the way, your post a few posts down about all your crafts, I am seriously impressed! I wish we lived closer so you could teach me to make some bows and flowers for Hallie! I love that kind of stuff, but I am horrible at it! And that book is great! I have never heard of my publisher, maybe I will have to check that out. Do you print out your blog through that? I have been working on a book through blurb, but am wondering if that is the best way to go. :) Glad everything is going so well for you guys! And Skylie is just as cute as ever! It looks like you have a lot of fun with her. You inspire me to be a better mom! Thank you! :)
No there isn't much cuter than footed pjs and pig-tails!
Post a Comment