Tuesday, July 22, 2008

SCUM

Matt and I are scum. Matt told one of his friends last week that we'd pick his wife up at the airport last night (because the husband's out of town). Yesterday evening Matt and I talked about how we needed to pick her up--and we didn't think about it again until 7 a.m. this morning when I noticed seven missed calls--around midnight last night. (That's when her flight came in.)

So, because of us she either had to walk all the way from the airport to the school where her car was parked, or pay and take a taxi. Not only that, after she finally got to her car (however she managed) she still had to drive an hour or so to meet up with her husband in RAGBRAI.

We owe them BIG TIME! We've thought about paying his tuition this year, but $35,000 just doesn’t seem enough. We will definitely be groveling at their feet forever! Does anybody have any good ideas for something we can do to try and make it up to them?

4 comments:

Kelly said...

OUCH! That would explain the middle of the night phone call Jacob got. To bad we didn't hear his phone ringing. Hopefully they found somebody. Good luck!

The Miles Family said...

Wow, I can't believe you guys!! Just kidding, I think all of us have done something similar, I just can't think of a time right now. Okay, Okay, I there was a time when I was in high school that I was introducing my Mom to someone and I forgot her name. No really, I did. Oh, by the way, I like the bike pictures.

Megane said...

Oh no! That feels horrible when things like that happen. Maybe a nice dinner or offering to watch their kids for free for life would make it up! Seriously, I hope you think of something. Good luck!

sarita said...

Um, can we still count on you to pick us up next week??? :)