Monday, August 4, 2008

Blessed

I've been thinking lately about how glad I am that Matt and I ended up in Des Moines for medical school. I don't think there could be a more perfect situation for us than what we have right here. Matt and I talked the other night about how blessed we feel to have such great friends and a great ward to help us through these couple of years. Even though we miss being close to family, it's awesome to know that there are people around who care about us and who we can turn to for anything.

Another thing I was thinking about is how fortunate I am to have such a great husband. I don't want to get too sappy, but can I brag about him for a minute? Last week he helped moved four or five different families (in the scorching heat). He single-handedly planned an awesome Dutch oven campfire get together with over 30 friends (I was seriously shocked at how well he took care of everything). And every Sunday he goes to the church around 7:00 a.m. and most of the time he doesn't get home until 4:00 p.m., but he never, ever complains. Matt'll be embarrassed by this and probably take it off, but he knows I'm just going to keep putting embarrassing things about him on our blog until he posts an entry. :)

Not much new is going on in our lives. Classes started up for Matt a couple of weeks ago. He hasn't been too busy, but things'll pick up a lot this week. I'm just working and waiting for my Breaking Dawn book to arrive. :) And then I have big plans to lounge by the pool all day, reading my book.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

We are glad you guys are here too!! We were just talking the other day about those same things. We love living here and feel so blessed to be here. We were laughing after church yesterday when we were thinking about how Chase refused to come to me because Matt had him. My kids seriously love you guys. I think that says A LOT.

sarita said...

Can I come lounge by the pool with you?

Isn't Iowa great? We feel the same way about living here.

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Iowa is just fabulous! Especially in the non-winter months!!! I have to confess I have my Breaking Dawn book but haven't started yet because once I start I won't stop...and I don't want it to be over yet (does that make sense?)! I hope it ends the way I want (although I am not really sure what that is!)

Robyn said...

We are just as blessed to have you guys here too.
Thanks for putting together a great campfire night. I think of you everytime I am itching one of my thousand bites! It was totally worth it though...