Monday, July 6, 2009

32 Weeks

And I thought I had a belly here!
Matt pretending to be pregnant (he's sticking out his belly).

Less than two months left! If we're lucky, there will only be one more belly picture! It's gone by so fast—I just hope the last bit goes by as quick.

A few noteworthy happenings in the last four weeks:
  • At one of my doctors appointments the doctor heard that the baby had an irregular heartbeat. Even though 90% of the time it's a condition that the baby will outgrow by the time she is born, a Fetal ECHO was scheduled for the next week. Matt and I weren't super concerned about it, but knowing that there was a possibility that our baby could have a heart defect, we couldn't help but worry a little bit. As it turns out, everything looked totally normal during the ECHO. The baby didn't have any irregular heartbeats at the time, and the specialist assured us that it's not a problem at all.
  • At the time of the ECHO the baby was head down. But she's moving around so much that who knows how she's positioned now. :)
  • At one appointment the doctor voluntarily told me (I didn't ask about it or anything!) that my weight gain couldn't be more perfect than it's been and that I'm not gaining too much or too little. I could have kissed her! I've heard of the rude things other doctors sometimes say, so I feel pretty lucky that no one's given a big hit to my self-esteem--yet. (Better knock on wood or at the next appointment I'll get called a fatty.)
  • My belly is measuring a little bit small, but the doctor said it's not significant enough to be a concern.
  • Matt and I are totally clueless about a name. We thought we were getting closer and closer to deciding, but now we're not so sure.
  • I'm still feeling good, but sleeping is getting interesting. I usually start out in our bed—then go to the couch—and sometimes go back to the bed again. (Can't wait until I can sleep on my stomach again!)

8 comments:

The Carroll Family said...

I love the belly pictures. You are still so tiny! Enjoy any rest you get now...that will soon change!!

Brad and Laura Williams said...

haha...I remember not being able to wait till I could sleep comfortable again!...Let me tell you the day after you have her even with being sore from birth it'll feel so good to be able to lie comfortably!! I can't believe you are 32 weeks and that tiny! You look amazing!

Billy and Nathalie said...

I wish I could tell you how to get a better night sleep, but I still haven't figured it out.
That's awesome that she's healthy and head down. One of our boys is being stubborn, and he's running out of room and time to move head down. Oh well... what can I do...

Heidi said...

Not gonna lie, the first time I was able to sleep on my stomach again was heavenly, to say the least. Hang in there, they are worth every bit of trouble you go through. I can't wait to see what she'll look like.

kdance said...

You look darling, girl! Way to go on the good weight gain! I gained 35 total last time (but that was with going a month early). I'm really hoping to gain less this time. What's your secret?

Nikki said...

You look great, Erin! I can't wait for your baby girl to come. :)

Megane said...

You look so little, I told Stahle when you were due and he didn't believe me. It does feel so wonderful to finally sleep with no baby inside of you, but a little warning..it can be a little painful to sleep on your stomach if you nurse, especially in the beginning. At least it has been for me.

Good luck with picking out a name!!!

Devin & Shalise said...

So glad you found our blog!! Hey... sorry we missed dinner with you guys on Sunday, we were in Kansas City.

So... your 32 week photo is going to look like my 16 week photo. NOT COOL!!