First stop: A
Second and third stop: F
Then, after being rejected from
Krispy Kreme (They were closed on National Donut Day! What's up with that? We were supposed to get free donuts!),
and the library (Who knew it closed at 6:00 on Fridays? We were looking for a movie—not planning on hanging out there all night. We're not THAT lame—yet.) we headed north of Des Moines about 20 minutes to Polk City.Fourth stop: A+

Big Creek State Park
This is a cool place! It's definitely worth the drive, and it was fun to get into some quieter areas. Matt and I walked around the trails for a couple hours and decided we may need to pick up fishing or some cool hobby like that. (Even though the fishermen there didn't seem to be having much luck.) I love how well cared for the parks are in Iowa!
Fifth stop: A+
Hy-Vee for ice-cream
5 comments:
I just heard about Big Creek a couple of weeks ago. I heard it was awesome. Since you agree I think we will have to make a visit.
Hello? Did our old video collection get replaced with the library? What happened to stopping by the Paynes and getting a worn out VHS tape once in awhile? If you guys don't watch them, no one will!
Glad you had a good night!
We only went to B Bops once while we lived there, surprisingly. I thought it was a little over-rated, but good. How sad that the library closed! I miss that library so much. I used to walk there all the time. You are looking so darling! I'm so jealous of how far along you are. You'll have a little baby so soon@
If you ever need fishing partners, Austin and I are always game. Austin may be a little more available than I am though.
Sounds like a perfect day.. minus the lame doughnut shop! Hasn't it been beautiful?
Post a Comment