The last few weeks I've said goodbye to friends as they've moved away. At first I baited off reality rationalizing that "I'll see them in a year at graduation". Thankfully, I will see some of them even sooner. (Sara, this is the first time in my life I've been stoked for the month of February to arrive!)
But I think it's really hit me. Each time I drive in or out of our parking lot, I'm reminded. Ellis' aren't here. Payne's are gone. And so are Gavin and Amanda. Those are just the friends who live in our apartment complex. A dozen other friends have moved or are moving soon.
Living in Des Moines has been a blast, but I don't think I'd like it nearly as much if I didn't have wonderful friends by my side. Thankfully, some friends are sticking around. Good thing, because I'm not sure what I'd do without them in the upcoming months when Matt will be gone.
I'm not the greatest friend and am often forgetful, unthoughtful, or totally oblivious. But I consider myself fortunate to know and learn from so many great women. Here's a few of them:

Nathalie, Erin, Amanda, and Nikki
(Miss you, Amanda!)
P.S. If there's one thing I fail at, it's phone calling. But, I'm trying to be better! Hold me to it -k-.
No comments:
Post a Comment