This past month we:
Celebrated Valentine's Day!
Matt and I both worked on the special day (me during the day and he at night), so we celebrated the weekend before. Thanks to a 90% off coupon (Is that amazing or what?!) from restaurants.com we dined at Dos Rios. The meal was good, but the chips and guacamole...mmm...that was amazing stuff. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Celebrated Valentine's Day!
Matt and I both worked on the special day (me during the day and he at night), so we celebrated the weekend before. Thanks to a 90% off coupon (Is that amazing or what?!) from restaurants.com we dined at Dos Rios. The meal was good, but the chips and guacamole...mmm...that was amazing stuff. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Speaking of Lover's Day...Matt is pretty amazing. A few of the many traits I love about him are:
- He is super low-maintenance and not a complainer. A few months ago he mentioned that the heater in one of our cars didn't work. Since he drove that car, I didn't think about it again--until I drove said car once and FROZE TO DEATH. (Do you know how cold Iowa winters are?) Matt had been driving all winter in that ice-infested car. Since that car was on it's last leg anyway, he figured it wasn't worth the repair costs.
- He puts a lot of effort into doing cute stuff for me. Things like that don't come naturally to him, so the fact that he works hard at it is even more endearing.
- He notices little things that make my life better. For example, my legs have been itching like crazy lately. So one day he came home with a special lotion that has totally relieved the itchiness. Lame story, I know, but I thought it was such a thoughtful, caring gesture.
We also attended our fourth and final DMU Gala.
Read more about her here.
I'm now 16 weeks along with Baby #2 and am feeling great.
Here's the belly to prove it. One more month until we find out the gender!
Matt is doing a family medicine rotation at DMU.
We're fortunate the clinic is so close, since we're now down to one car. Goodbye Cutlass. It is with pleasure that I bid you farewell.
We're anxiously awaiting March 17 when we find out where we'll be spending the next five years for Matt's residency!
No comments:
Post a Comment