Twenty Years ago: (March 1988)
I was two years old, living in Billings, Montana. My parents, three teenage brothers, and older sister teased and spoiled me relentlessly.
Ten Years ago: (March 1998)
- I was 12 years old, in Mrs. Springer's 6th grade class and had an outragous obsession/crush on Mike Wren. My friends and I called him, went by his house, and passed notes about him like crazy. (Reading my journal about this time is hilarious!)
- One memory that sticks out in my mind is playing with my friend, Merryn. We took her dogs for a run through the country then attempted to created a stream in front of her house. We hauled buckets of water from a nearby canal and dumped them in a divet in front of her house. We worked all afternoon on our "stream" and felt certain it would work. Surprisingly (or not so surprisingly) our project failed.
Five Years ago: (March 2003)
- I was a junior (and later a senior) in high school involved in cross-country, track, choir, and student government. I loved my high school years. As the only girl in the Junior Class Presidency, I was in charge of our junior prom. We spent weeks decorating the gym, teaching the promonade, getting food ready, and preparing an assembly. I stressed way too much about it, but it was a blast.
- I secretly liked one of my best friends, Peter Rose, but tried never to show it. (I don't think it was much of a secret.)
- My girlfriends and I formed the AGA (Anti-Guy Association). Any time someone's boyfriend--or any guy--would do something stupid we'd call each other to relay that we were having an AGA day. We'd wear skirts to school, refuse to sit with our guy friends, and not talk to any guys all day! (We really did like guys most of the time, but we had our moments.)
- Ironically, my friends and I also formed the "Greatest Guy of the Week Committee." Each Sunday we'd get together, decide on a guy who'd been particularly great that week, and personally deliver a certificate, cookies, and coupon for a free date set up to him at his home. (Cheesy, but it was fun and the guys liked it.)
Three Years ago: (March 2005)
- As a 19 year old freshman at BYU-Idaho, I was dating Matt. Previously, I'd tried really, really hard not to like him because I just wanted to have fun and date around. But by March 2005 I'd accepted the fact that I was falling for him. He'd said, "I love you", but I'd said "I'm not ready for that." (I just needed a little more time.) He patiently put up with my uncertainty and yo-yoness.
- I was preparing for a fun summer: BYU-Hawaii for a term and serving a counselor at a youth camp in Chicago for a month
- I was still undecided on a major, but I was leaning toward communication.
- I loved my roommates!
One Year ago: (2007)
- Matt and I were living in his parents' basement in North Salt Lake.
- I worked as an intern for the Ensign and babysat in Park City a few evenings a week.
- I completed a few final classes online in order to get my BS in communication.
- Matt worked at the Utah State Veteran's Hospital and was everyone's favorite CNA (Certified Nurses Assistant).
- We still hadn't finalized where Matt would be attending medical school.
- Because our schedules weren't busy with school, Matt and I had lots of time to spend together, and we loved it! We hiked, played tennis, watched Everybody Loves Raymond, and lived it up.
So far this year: (January - March 2008)
- I stopped working my second job and am loving the extra 15 hours a week.
- We moved to a different apartment but are in the same complex.
- We're happily enduring a long winter and Matt's busier class schedule.
- We bought bikes and are ESTATIC to ride the trails.
Yesterday: (March 18)
- Ran with Matt on my favorite trail (Yeah, spring is finally here!)
- Worked
- Lifted at the gym with Matt
- Made Matt Café Rio Salad for his birthday (since we'll be in Chicago on the actual day)
- Watched "I Am Legend" with Matt
Today: (March 19)
- Ran with Matt
- Worked
- Need to run a couple errands for Matt's birthday
- Might make it to the gym
- Pack for our trip to Chicago
- Hang out with Matt
Tomorrow: (March 20)
- Go siteseeing in Chicago with our friends, Nate and Megan
This year: (2008)
- Bike in RAGRAI for a day or so
- Compete in a half-marathon and/or triathalon (I really need to decide soon.)
- Vacation in Cardston and Nauvoo at family reunions
- Study the scriptures more
- Create a photo book of the last two and a half years (since Matt and I married)
- Help Matt through the first year and a half of medical school and decide where we'll be for his third year
I tag Amber L., Megan R., and Robyn M.
4 comments:
Ohh...I remember the years I exercised with Michael and then he got a real job and I got luvs. :)
I can't believe you watched ELR. I hate shows like that where that man can't wipe his own butt and they need their mommy too. There are too many idiot men that are portrayed on TV. There's that other show According to Jim. It's like pulling teeth these men are so stupid. Thank goodness I don't have one.
I must say I do like the girl in ELR. She's the only sane one. I think that's why so many guys want to live back near their parents because they can't cut the cord. (women too)
You crack me up about the stream. that is so what I would have done as a kid. My projects never turned out right either.
I miss you sista. You need to send more pictures of you and post them.
I loved this post. Hope you guys are having fun in Chicago!!! I am jealous. I want to go there so bad. You better post some pics.
Hey there's a girl here that looks JUST like you. Her two young boys even look like you. Do have any family here in Issaquah that moved from Northern California?
In high school my friends and I had something similar to your AGA and we would go and decorate the car windows of the guy who we weren't too happy with that week. We had a monthly newsletter and all. It's fun to look back at those days.
Have a good time in Chicago.
Post a Comment