Saturday, July 3, 2010

This week...

TUESDAY
Woke up late.
Ran out of gas on my way to work.
My cell phone died.
So I had no way of contacting my sitter to pick up Skylie
(Sitter lives in an apartment complex, and their door buzzer isn't set up).
Or to call visiting teachers and tell them I was running late for our appointment.
Once I finally got Skylie, I made a wrong turn.
Took even longer to get home.
So I missed my appointment entirely.

WEDNESDAY
Trying to forget what happened this day.
(I actually don't remember, but I'm sure there was something.)

THURSDAY
Dropped Skylie off at sitter.
Got to work and reached into my pocket.
Somehow I'd ended up with sitter's phone.
So again, I had no way of contacting sitter to pick up Skylie.

After finally getting into the complex to pick up my daughter...
Car seat base was jammed for a while.
Lost my keys.
Took a wrong turn, again.
Was late for an appointment, again.
Was given 10 days to find new babysitter for Skylie. Yikes!
(It's not the sitter's fault. Just unforeseen family issues came up.)

FRIDAY
Made this for dinner specifically because I thought Matt would like it.
Put in a little extra garlic.
Didn't realize I was 8x-ing it until Matt pointed that out later.
He really tried not to show it, but I don't think Matt was a fan.

SATURDAY
My breath still smells like garlic.

Hoping next week is better.

6 comments:

The Robinson Bunch said...

awww I hope next week is much better for you! sorry for the troubles...sometimes we just have those days or weeks. you should download the song "mama said there'd be days like this" and blast it in your home and just laugh it off! :-)

Kelly said...

Sorry, you've had such a bad week. Hopefully you've gotten all your bad luck out for the rest of the year.

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Man, some weeks are just like. I hope next week goes better. Good luck finding a sitter. Way to try a new recipe!

Meg said...

Not sure when you are need of a new sitter but I am happy to help out when I am in Des Moines next week if it buys you any time. Cams and I will just be hanging out all day while the boys are at school. I will be there late on the 11th and leaving on the 19th at night. Let me know if I can help! And here is to a better week.

Billy and Nathalie said...

It can't get any worse, right? So this upcoming should be AWESOME!!!

Mark and Aupreille said...

What a crazy week! I'm sorry about the garlic issue, if you dare attempt it again it really is good, so long as you don't go overboard on the garlic or cheese :)
We miss you guys!