








Some think Heber is a hick town because the social event of the year
But it’s not.And even if it is, it's worth it.
Where else can teenagers:
- Go Truck Tubing: Fill their truck beds with water from natural hot springs, drive around town soaking in the water, and when cops pull them over the "reprimand" is: "Drive around for fifteen more minutes, then you've got to be done."
- Float the canal all summer long from the time they're seven until after they've graduated high school—and still think it's fun.
- Think going to the mall with friends is a special occasion
I doubt I'll ever live there again, but my only stipulation for where Matt and I end up is:
When people hear where we live and they're familiar with the area, they have to say, "I love ________. It's one of the most beautiful place I've seen." Just like people say about Heber. (At least that's what they say to my face.)
Back me up guys. Don't you love Heber Valley, too?
11 comments:
I do love Heber, I think it is beautiful up there! There is always so much to do when you are surrounded by mountains!
Demolition derbys are great, too! You're post makes me homesick! I can't wait to be back in Utah!
I have never heard of truck tubing, that's funny!
I'm officially homesick as well!
I love Heber Valley. I miss public lands as well. Oh, how I miss National Parks.
I so love this post. I miss Heb so much, and completely agree with ALL of your pics and "activities." I need to go visit...
This post made me miss home. Whether that be the beautiful Sierra Mountains of NorCal or the Flat Head Lake valley of Montana. Either way I need my green mountain ranges. Its no fun missing home when your so far away.
I love Heber but I have to admit that Dairy Keen has been the subject of many jokes in my family. Although their shakes are fabulous and now I'm craving one. Dang it. A lot of the thing you listed reminded me of things we used to do in Logan. Now I can't wait until July. I have actually been thinking about were I want to go hiking all week. I LOVE hiking. If given a choice between running a mile or taking a 6 mile hike straight up a mountain. I would pick the hike every time.
OH I am obsessed with Heber. I want to live there, but Shane says no. So we must live here, but at least we're only 40 minutes away. AMen, Amen, Amen!!
Heber is amazing. I feel the same way about Morgan. I know I won't ever live there again, but I did love growing up there.
I never lived in Heber, but I loved going there because you lived there! I always looked forward to visiting your family, and I admit it is a beautiful town. I really miss the Polar Express at Christmas time.
I lived in Idaho and Utah for 8 years, and I really miss it. I grew up in Florida, but I loved the mountains and snow. Winter time is just not the same when it is 85 degreees outside on Christmas day.
Oh good old Heber. It misses you too (at least the people here do).
Amen sister! I wish I could raise my kids there---something I never thought I would say when I was growing up there, but it really is an awesome place!
Post a Comment